Sunday, May 22, 2011

What's new with you?

The last couple of weeks have been CRAZY, what with being sick enough to miss two weeks of work, plus moving a couple of days back. I can't tell you how good it feels to be out of those apartments and into a house with a yard. No more listening to upstairs neighbor guy pee and blow his nose! We both feel profoundly blessed to be here, making a home together, working side by side. One of the best parts is that I get my own office/witch room. It's box city right now, but it'll be a fabulous retreat within a few days.

We are surrounded by pasture land. It's strange to hear cows and horses whilst sitting out on the verandah at night. We have the most wonderful view of the moon, though. It's wonderful beyond wonderful to sit out in the quiet and breeze at night, the moon and I smiling back at each other. The WTBf loves her, too, and we have been taking companionable breaks of silent admiration. He's a space freak, which makes him an ideal partner in crime for working with big lunar events and energies, even if he IS a Pastafarian.

The previous tenants didn't take care of the yard or the house all that well, so there's some work to be done around here before I can say we're truly settled. I've been prepping the flower beds in the cool of the evening so that I can work on improving the soil over the summer and plant in the fall. Here in Central Texas, it's already too hot to plant. Yuck. But I can make sure that the pests and weeds and sandy clay get taken care of to make way for some useful herbs. Great big rosemary bushes are my fondest hope. For now, there's sage and cinquefoil and mint growing in them.

I'm working up a home cleansing and blessing ritual that feels right for this place, for us, and for completing all the work I did to bring this new home for us into a concrete reality. I most definitely owe some spirits some presents...

No comments:

Post a Comment